Salvaged

Nintendo Wii U

We want to bring this to the most players possible - please upvote your preferred platform!

Moderator: Opposable_Dan

Nintendo Wii U

Postby Opposable_Dan » Wed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm

We've had a huge amount of requests for a Wii U version, and of course as a dual screen game it makes a lot of sense. We reached out to Nintendo and they signed us up as Wii U developers very quickly.

Opposable_Dan

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Postby Masterfuse » Thu May 08, 2014 4:58 pm

It good to see other developers make good use of the game pad there so much that can be done with.
if it moves kill it
Masterfuse

Postby curbles » Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 pm

I think it's a perfect fit. Of course, it can be done with any tablet, if you know what you're doing, but the nice thing about the gamepad is it's made for asymmetric gameplay, so you're not tethered by the limitations which tablet you're trying to pair with which system.
curbles

Postby Cobra » Fri May 09, 2014 5:39 am

As a perfect fit for the console, I'm fully behind this project. Really hope it becomes a reality.
Cobra

Postby Masterfuse » Fri May 09, 2014 11:30 am

I believe they said the game will still be work on just not as fast. If there kickstarter was funded it would be made in a more timely manner.
if it moves kill it
Masterfuse

Postby Cobra » Sun May 11, 2014 1:13 am

Masterfuse wrote:I believe they said the game will still be work on just not as fast. If there kickstarter was funded it would be made in a more timely manner.

That's certainly good to hear. It'll no doubt be worth the wait.
Cobra

Postby Opposable_Dan » Mon May 12, 2014 5:06 pm

As we said in our update today, we are planning on making Salvaged, regardless of what happens with the Kickstarter fundraising, do don't despair!

We'll be keeping you updated here on a weekly basis with the new stuff we're working on, so don't go away any time soon.

I can't divulge much about the Wii U situation yet, but I can tell you that we're officially registered as Nintendo Wii U developers aaand that we've (hopefully) got a Wii U dev kit on the way soon. I'll let you know as sooooooon as I can tell you any more!
Opposable_Dan

Postby WorldsBoss » Sat May 17, 2014 11:07 am

I really hope this game can still come to the Wii U, it's quite possibly one of the most unique and perfect gameplay ideas I've seen for the second screen so it's brimming with potential. I guess the reason why Wii U owners weren't too enthused by the Kickstarter video is because it was showing gameplay from the iOS version (?) of the game, obviously on a system such as Nintendo's latest it would be possible to make the game look far prettier and from that point the game would sell itself. Best of luck to you guys :)
WorldsBoss

Postby syco1316 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:40 pm

This game is such a great quality idea and perfect fit for Wii U. It could easily be a retail game so I do believe it would definitely sell well on the platform. Especially after Nintendo brings Hardcore and Casual gamers alike into the platform with Mario Kart and Smash Bros, among others. I don't believe this game would be a huge risk for the developers. Nintendo fans chomp at the bit for hope of a game like this...They just might not have been Kickstarter savvy.
syco1316

Postby Masterfuse » Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 am

There tons of Nintendo fans on kickstarter only problem I see is there too many projects going on I back this project as soon as I found out about it along with many of other. I think it was over look due to a lot of people also not reading into the whole game. I'm sure it could have been funded only problem is most just look at it as some type of FPS game but never bother to read or check out the whole kickstarter . I found out about this game from Nintendo Life and other sites. More backer join as soon as the Wii u was added. I just think they focusing more on project Heart Forth, Alicia then anything else.
if it moves kill it
Masterfuse

Postby Tisteg80 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:59 am

I agree with you, Salvaged on Wii U would be great. It's something new and it's asymetric gameplay fits perfectly to the gamepad.

I'm looking forward to read more news about the possible Wii U version!
Tisteg80

Postby Dren » Wed May 21, 2014 4:46 pm

It seems like this console was made with this game in mind. IDK what the deal it with Nintendo or how they will publish it but it can only be a good thing to put it on this. (this is my upvote because i cant see a upvote button.
It is not enough to succeed, others MUSTFAIL!
Dren

Postby Opposable_Dan » Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Yo Drenjamin, hope your face is alright. There's a separate poll thread in this forum :)
Opposable_Dan

Postby Masterfuse » Mon May 26, 2014 11:26 pm

wanted to know if you got your dev kit yet. I just want to know if you got any time to look into it . Would be nice to see a small bit of it even if its just 1 pic of it
if it moves kill it
Masterfuse

Postby Opposable_Dan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am

We haven't got it yet, but we do have a meeting with Nintendo today...
Opposable_Dan

Postby Masterfuse » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 am

Well I just wanted to know if you where able to get any where yet. Thanks for the info was thinking you would of had it already see how much time has pass when you became approve developers.
if it moves kill it
Masterfuse

Postby curbles » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Hadn't seen any news on Salvaged in a while (since a little bit after the kickstarter). Since it didn't reach KS goal, do you plan on releasing on multiple platforms, or have you scaled back the development? Also, are you still pursuing becoming a Nintendo developer at this point? Was really looking forward to this on Wii U.
curbles

Postby Opposable_Dan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Hey there,

We're still hoping to release for the Wii U, and we are still going for multiplatform, it's simply a case of having to take a little bit more time with the game unfortunately.

We've been working a lot on expanding the universe of late, so expect to see a little more art in the near future.
Opposable_Dan

Postby nuevitas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

How is the Wii U version? Any news on that? I am hoping for a Wii U release..
nuevitas

Postby curbles » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Sorry. Hadn't checked the forum in a while and don't think I got an email notification, but that's good news Dan. I was a kickstarter supporter and would love to see Salvaged on the Wii U (it's the main platform I game on).
Anyway, I hope to hear more soon. Really excited for the game.
curbles

Next

Return to Platforms